WILDWOOD BUSINESSES REOPEN;PACIFIC AVENUE CLOSED TO CARS
In anticipation of Governor Murphy’s Phase II re-openings, Mayor Pete Byron used his executive power to close Pacific Avenue to traffic to help businesses be able to use the Right-of-Way in front of their stores for dining tables, retail racks and to otherwise expand their business footprint to help them maintain state-mandated social distancing measures. East and West crossroads will be open to all traffic. Beginning 9:00 am June 19, 2020, through midnight September 7, 2020, Pacific Avenue, between Spicer Avenue to Schellenger Avenue, shall be closed to all vehicular traffic for the purposes of creating a pedestrian “Pacific Avenue Mall.”
· Pacific Avenue businesses seeking to temporarily expand outdoors into the sidewalk and street must apply to the Zoning Official.
· All applications will be reviewed and approved by the Zoning Official, in consultation with the City Administrator and Chief of Police. Any denied applications may be appealed within 5 days. Approvals can be revoked by due process.
· All businesses shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Wildwood et. al.
· Businesses must complete indemnification forms located in the City Clerk’s office naming the City of Wildwood as an additional insured for a minimum limit of one million ($1,000,000.00) dollars.
· Businesses must provide proof of insurance and a copy of Right-of-Way plans to the City Clerk’s office.
· All businesses making use of the Right-of-Way must place trash receptacles immediately adjacent to their premises and manage the accumulation of trash/recycling.
· Businesses must comply with any and all other federal, state, county, and local laws and regulations, including any and all general ordinances governing the operation of bars/restaurants.
The City of Wildwood reserves the right to amend, terminate, or repeal this Executive Order at any time, and accordingly no property rights are granted to any person(s) or entities by virtue of this Executive Order.
A complete copy of this Executive Order is on file with the City Clerk.