top of page

CITY HALL: 609-846-2000  |  POLICE: 609-522-0222  |  FIRE: 609-522-1110  |  EMERGENCY: 911

Graphic Chart


    Lisa A. Brown, City Clerk Karen Gallagher, Deputy City Clerk Amanda Neill, Aide to the City Clerk Phone: 609-522-2444 X2239 SEE ALL APPLICATIONS
    CITY OF WILDWOOD OFFICE OF CODE ENFORCEMENT The City of Wildwood will be enhancing our community through our beautification program, by offering property owners the opportunity to acquire 95 gallon trash containers. These containers are made of heavy duty plastic, with a secured lid, a pull bar and 10 inch wheels. They will be dark blue in color and have the City of Wildwood logo on them. Each can will be numerically marked for tracking purposes. Any property owner wishing to acquire one or more of these cans may do so by contacting the the City Clerk’s Office in the municipal building. As a reminder each property is permitted a total of four of this type of trash container. There will be a donation fee of Eighty-Five Dollars ($85) per can, payable to City of Wildwood Beautification, which will be used to continue this program as well as to acquire recycle cans in the near future. John Clemens Code Enforcement Officer 609-522-2444 Ext. 2249 Dave Hall Code Enforcment Officer 609-522-2444 Ext. 2220 Steve Smearman Code Enforcement Officer 609-522-2444 Ext. 2127 VACANT PROPERTY REGISTRATION The City of Wildwood requires owners of vacant properties to register with the Department of License & Inspections/Code Enforcement, maintain the property according to standards of Code Enforcement and pay the annual fee. Effective May 19, 2015, Ordinance 1028-15, requires the owner of any vacant property to register within 30 days of the property becoming vacant. “Owner” shall include the title holder, any agent of the title holder, any foreclosing entity that has filed a notice with the municipal clerk pursuant to the provisions of C.46:10B-51 (P.L. 2008, c127, Sec. 17 as amended by P.L. 2009, c.296), or any other person or entity determined by the public officer of the City of Wildwood to have authority to act with respect to the property. REGISTRATION FEE $500. First annual renewal fee is $750. Second and any subsequent renewal fee is $1,000. Property owner shall notify the Department of License & Inspections/Code Enforcement within 30 days of any change in the registration information by filing an amended registration statement. The registration statement shall be deemed prima facie proof of the statements therein contained in any administrative enforcement proceedings or court proceeding instituted by the City of Wildwood against any owner or owners of the property. The owner shall be required to renew the registration annually as long as the property remains a Vacant Property.
    City of Wildwood 4400 New Jersey Avenue Wildwood, NJ fax: 609-729-5916 Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Jason Dilworth, Construction Official 609-522-2444 Ext. 2911 Kate Dunn, Technical Assistant to the Construction Official 609-522-2444 Ext. 2910 Permit Information NJ DCA Division of Codes and Standards If you live in a Flood Zone Area, check with NJDEP (Hotline # 1-800-448-7379) to see if a permit is required. The Construction Office oversees the enforcement of all New Jersey State adopted construction codes which include: building, fire, plumbing, electrical, mechanical asbestos, barrier free access and lead abatement within the boundaries of the City of Wildwood. Wildwood is a Class 1 municipality, which requires all code enforcement officials to be licensed as high-rise and hazardous specialist (HHS). All inspectors are licensed by the state and are enrolled in a continuing educational program. The purpose of the Construction Office is to control all matters concerning the construction, alteration, addition, repair, removal, demolition, use, location, occupancy of all buildings and structures and adequately protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of Wildwood. Administrative, technical and advisory assistance is provided to all property owners, homeowners, architects, engineers, attorneys, developers, business owners and local and state agencies. Construction Permits Construction Permits are required to construct, enlarge, repair, alter, renovate, demolish, reconstruct or change the use of a building or structure or to install equipment. This is not an all inclusive listing of permit requirements. All questions pertaining to permits should be directed to the Construction Official at 609-522-2444 ext. 2913. Prior to applying for a permit, certain approvals or certifications may be required. These approvals are called Prior Approvals and are issued by various Federal, State, and/or County agencies. Some prior approval requirements that may apply to some building permits are: Zoning: contact Steven Booy 609-522-2444 ext. 2240 or Cape Atlantic Soil Conservation: 609-626-3144 City of Wildwood Water Utility: 609-848-0600 New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection: 609-984-6831 City of Wildwood Sewer Department: 609-522-5718 Coastal Area Facilities Review Act (CAFRA): 609-292-0600 Building Permit A building permit is a license to proceed with the work approved and shall not be construed as authority to violate, cancel or set aside any of the provisions of the regulations. The work must conform to the approved application, plans and specifications for which the permit has been issued including prior approvals and any amendments to the approved plans. Construction Application A construction application is an application for a building permit. The application must contain a general description of the work, the location, use and occupancy of all parts of the building or structure, the owner(s) name and address, block/lot, sanitary waste disposal (sewer or septic), water or well, etc. Additionally, two (2) copies of plans, drawn to scale, with sufficient clarity and full dimensions to show the nature and character or the work performed are required. Plans must show the following details: Building Plans: shall show foundation, floor, roof, structural plans (framing details) door and window sizes, section details, connection details, etc. Electrical Plans: shall show floor and ceiling plans, lighting, receptacles, motors and equipment, service entry location, line diagram and wire, conduit and breaker sizes. Plumbing Plans: shall show floor plans, fixtures, pipe sizes, equipment and other materials, fixture schedule and sewage disposal information. Mechanical Plans: shall contain floor and ceiling plans, size of air distribution ducts, duct location and location of all equipment that will be installed. NOTE: All plans must be sealed and signed by a New Jersey Registered Architect or Licensed Engineer. -The Construction Official may waive the requirement for sealed plans in the case of a single family homeowner who has prepared their own plans for the construction, alteration or repair of a structure intended to be used exclusively as their private residence, and to be constructed by the homeowner. Forms necessary for the filing of a Permit Application can be found at: Inspections When a Building Permit is issued, the work must be inspected throughout the construction process. All inspections will be made by subcode officials. The following inspections must be completed before work may proceed beyond the completed stage: 1. The bottom of footing trenches must be inspected before concrete is placed in the trench. In case of pile foundations, a piling report shall be submitted before the inspection is made. The piling report must bear the deal and signature of an Architect or Licensed Engineer. 2. Foundations and all walls up to grade level must be inspected prior to back filling around the foundation. 3. All structural framing and connections, plumbing, electrical and fire rough installations must be inspected prior to insulating the walls. 4. Insulation installation must be inspected before sheet rocking the walls. 5. A final inspection of the entire project must be made before a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. All inspections must be approved before proceeding to the next phase of the project. NOTE: FINAL PAYMENT TO THE CONTRACTOR IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE MADE BEFORE A FINAL INSPECTION ON CONSTRUCTION PERMITS FOR BUILDING, ELECTRIC, PLUMBING, FIRE PROTECTION OR ELEVATOR IS PERFORMED PURSUANT TO N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.2(a) 10.ii. Scheduling an Inspection To schedule an inspection, contact the Construction Office (609-522-2444 ext. 2910). Please notify the Construction Office 24 hours prior to the time the inspection is required. Inspection requests received prior to 3:00 PM are normally scheduled the next day. Inspections will be completed within three (3) business days. Certificate of Occupancy A Certificate of Occupancy is required for all building projects. Upon completion of the building or structure and passing the final inspection, the applicant must submit an application for a Certificate of Occupancy. The Construction Official will issue either a Temporary or Full Certificate of Occupancy within 10 days after the last approval. IT IS UNLAWFUL TO OCCUPY A BUILDING OR STRUCTURE WITHOUT OBTAINING A TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANY OR CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY.
    CFO (609) 846-2016 Assistant Municipal Treasurer (609) 846-2017 Payroll Clerk Account Clerk (609) 846-2013 Office Hours Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
    Hope Pinto, Director 609-846-2003 Wanda Soto-Frankenfield Health Benefits Specialist/Bi-lingual Typist 609-846-2014 Nicole Moya Office Hours: M-F, 8:00-4:00 Fax: 609-522-9239 The City of Wildwood is a Civil Service Community and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Before seeking employment in a competitive title, and for more information of Civil Service, please visit . Employment opportunities with the City of Wildwood are advertised in the Press of Atlantic City and/or the Cape May County Herald and are posted at City Hall. It is the policy of the City of Wildwood to provide and encourage employment for all persons and to prohibit discrimination in all employment and business practices. It is the policy of the City of Wildwood to ensure equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless or race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, marital status, or physical, emotional or mental challenge. Applicants requiring ADA accommodation are requested to contact the Director of Human Resources at (609) 846-2003. RESOURCES: NJ State of Civil Service Commission JOB OPENINGS
    Agency and Media inquiries may be directed to: Lisa Fagan, Public Information Officer 609-703-9502 MEDIA CALLS ONLY The public should direct questions the main number at City Hall 609-846-2000.
    Wildwood Municipal Court office will be closed from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Wednesday August 9, 2023. Municipal Court physical address: 115 West Davis Avenue Wildwood, NJ 08260 Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Hours to make payments: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm Phone: (609) 522-4924 Fax: (609) 522-5383 Andrew J. Cafiero, Judge Kelly A. Gallagher, Court Administrator, CMCA Municipal Court Case Search MUNICIPAL COURT DOCUMENTS & LINKS HOW TO CONTEST A PARKING TICKET WITHOUT APPEARING IN COURT PAY A TRAFFIC TICKET ONLY APPLY BAIL FORM TRAFFIC & NON-TRAFFIC OFFENSES PLEA BY MAIL PDF APPEAL A DECISION (ENGLISH).PDF APPEAL A DECISION (SPANISH).PDF RECORDS REQUEST PDF FINANCIAL QUESTIONNAIRE (5A)
    PLANNING/ZONING OF ADJUSTMENT BOARD OFFICE 4400 New Jersey Ave. Wildwood, New Jersey 08260 Contact Person: Kate Dunn Telephone Number: 609-522-2444 Room Number: 212 e-mail: Zoning: Steven Booy 609-522-2444 ext. 2240 or Hours: 8:00 to 4:00-Monday thru Friday Click Link to View pdf file: Zoning Permit Application W9 form Escrow Fee Schedule District Regulations Variance Application Checklist Minor Subdivision Plats & Minor Site Plan Checklist Preliminary Major Subdivision & Preliminary Major Site Plan Checklist Final Major Subdivision & Final Major Site Plan Checklist
    PURCHASING Qualified Purchasing Agent Chrissy Stackhouse (609) 846‐2001 Office Hours Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. VENDOR DOCUMENTS: Blank W-9 Form Pay to Play Disclosure Certificate NJ BRC: City of Wildwood Active Co-Op Purchasing List Sourcewell Educational Services Commission of NJ Houston-Galveston Area Council Keystone Purchasing Network The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS) National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance (NCPA) Florida Sheriffs Association Co-Op Purchasing Program Cranford Police Cooperative Pricing System OMNIA Partners Camden County Educational Services Commission Hunterdon Co-Op Buy Board New Jersey Waterwaste Bergen County
    For information and questions please contact: Steve Booy 609-522-2444
    Office Hours – Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM County Tax Maps Tax AssessorProperty assesments can be viewed online on the Cape May County Internet Map Server. To view property values for a particular address or block/lot please visit: and follow the links as described below. 1) From the Home Page click MAPS. 2) You must accept the terms of the Use Agreement to continue. 3) Click Parcels. A new window will appear. 4) Read and OK the disclaimer. 5) Change the drop down labeled “Select A Layer” to Municipalities. 6) Click Start Search 7) Select Your Search Criteria to continue. Tax Assessor Office Hours – Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Jason Hesley, CTA Phone: 609-846-2005Fax: 609-523-2444 Email: Elaine Flounders, Senior Assessing Clerk Phone: 609-522-2444 Extension 2206 Fax: 609-523-2444 Email: Forms Certification of Eligibility to Continued Receipt of Disabled Veterans Real Property Tax Exemption.pdf Claim for Property Exemption on Dwelling House of Disabled Veteran or Surviving Spouse or Surviving Domestic Partner of Disabled Veteran or Serviceperson.pdf Claim for Real Property Tax Deduction on Dwelling House of Qualified NJ Resident Senior Citizen, Disabled Person or Surviving Spouse.pdf Initial Statement of Organization Claiming Property Tax Exemption.pdf Property Tax Deduction Claim by Vetran or Surviving Spouse or Domestic Partner of Veteran or Serviceperson.pdf
    TAX COLLECTION Senior Citizen, Disabled Citizen and Surviving Spouse PD#5 (Income Statement) must be received by March 1st in order to retain your $250.00 tax deduction. Lori Rosensteel, Tax Collector 609-522-2444 ext. 2227 Sallyanne Cranmer: Sr. Tax Clerk 609-522-2444 ext. 2221 OFFICE HOURS: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday Through Friday. MAILING ADDRESS: City of Wildwood, Tax Collector’s Office, 4400 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260 FAX: 609-729-3979 TAX, SEWER & WATER ACCOUNT INQUIRY & ONLINE PAYMENTS Division of Taxation's Property Tax Relief Program TAX DUE DATES: 1st 1/4 Taxes due February 1st 2nd 1/4 Taxes due May 1st 3rd 1/4 Taxes due August 1st 4th 1/4 Taxes due November 1st Taxes are always due, each year, on the first day of February, May, August and November. INTEREST PENALTY Wildwood has a 10 day grace period. On the 11th day, after the due date, you will be charged interest from the date taxes were due. Interest rate is 8 percent per annum on delinquencies up to $1,500.00 and 18 percent on delinquencies in excess of $1,500.00. TAX BILL CALCULATION: The Tax Collector takes the current tax rate and times it per $100.00 of your assessed value. (See Tax Assessor for questions regarding your Assessed Value) Example: Assessed value 200,000 Tax Rate x 1.971 Yearly Tax $3,942.00 TAX BILLING The Tax Collector normally bills once a year in June. This bill is for the 3rd 1/4 and 4th 1/4 of the current year and an estimated 1st 1/4 and 2nd 1/4 for the next year. The bill has four stubs attached to send with your payment. Any increases or decreases in your yearly tax is shown in the 3rd & 4th 1/4. Appeals or deductions, to your current year, tax bill will be adjusted in the 3rd & 4th 1/4. PLEASE NOTE: Because of circumstances regarding budgets and tax rates we are sometimes unable to bill the 3rd and 4th 1/4 in June. In this case you will receive an estimated 3rd 1/4 bill. Adjustments due to appeals etc will then be shown in the 4th 1/4 reconciled bill. FAILURE TO RECEIVE A TAX BILL If you do not receive a bill, please contact the Tax office immediately for the amount owed. A taxpayer is not exempt from paying interest penalty on taxes if they do not receive a bill. (R.S. 54:4-64) Please make sure you update your mailing address with the Tax Collector. DEDUCTIONS Information on eligibility and applications for Senior Citizen, Disabled, Surviving Spouse and Veteran deductions may be obtained from the Tax Assessor’s office. Senior Citizens, Disabled and Surviving Spouses who have been granted a deduction must file with the Tax Collector PD#5 form. These forms will be mailed in January and are due March 1st of each year. TAX PAYMENTS The Tax office accepts cash, money order or checks. Please tear off the collector’s stub, on your bill and return with payment. If you do not have a collector’s stub, you must include your Block and Lot so the Tax Collector can identify your property. Make checks payable to The City of Wildwood Tax Collector and mail to: The City of Wildwood, Tax Office, 4400 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood, NJ 08260. If you would like a receipt for your payment, you must include a self-addressed stamped envelope. We do not have credit card capability at this time. Please note: There is a $20.00 charge if your check is returned from the bank. Only Certified funds will be accepted for Lien Redemption. MORTGAGE COMPANY ESCROW ACCOUNTS If your mortgage company is responsible for paying your taxes, they will receive the bill or notification by email. An advice copy of the bill will be sent to the property owner. Please contact your Mortgage Company immediately of any delinquencies. DELINQUENT TAXES, COSTS AND OTHER MUNICIPAL CHARGES ACCELERATED TAX SALE The City of Wildwood has an Accelerated Tax Sale each year. Taxes Sewer, Miscellaneous Charges and Prior Year Water Payments that remain delinquent as of the 11th day of November will be listed for Tax Sale and subject to additional charges. Only certified funds will be accepted after November 10th for all delinquent payments. The Accelerated Tax Sale is held mid December. TAX SALE INFORMATION (N.J.S.A. 54:5-1) A Tax Sale in the State of New Jersey does not mean we are selling your property. We are actually selling a lien against your property for the amount of taxes and other municipal charges left unpaid. Your property will be advertised in the local newspaper once in the two weeks prior to tax sale. Most people that bid at tax sale are investors seeking an interest return on their investment. The Tax collector accepts bids for the interest rate on the, amount of the sale, which includes delinquent Taxes, interests, cost and other municipal charges, due and owing the day of the sale. The bidding starts at a maximum of 18 percent and the percent decreases with each bid. The lowest bidder is the successful bidder. The successful bidder pays the Tax Collector the amount of the sale. The Tax Collector issues the investor a Tax Title Lien Certificate. If there are no interested bidders, the Tax Title Lien is struck of to the City of Wildwood at 18 percent. Once a Tax Title Lien Certificate has been issued, redemption is subject to additional statutory penalties. The Lien Holder can also pay any subsequent delinquent taxes or other municipal charges and accrue these payments to the lien. The investor receives the same interest rate on subsequent taxes and other charges, as the municipality. The property owner can redeem this certificate, through the Tax Office, after the sale. The full amount, due to the lien holder must be paid to the Tax Collector. If redemption is not made within two years (from the date of sale) the Lienholder can start to foreclose and the property owner may have additional legal fees in order to redeem. If a property is foreclosed and final judgement is rendered, the lien holder becomes the owner of the property. If the lien is struck off to the City of Wildwood, foreclosure can begin six months from the date of sale. LIEN REDEMPTIONS Redemption of a Tax Title Lien takes place when the full amount owed to the Lienholder is paid to the Tax Collector. If you wish to redeem a Tax Title Lien you must request a statement from the Tax Collector and include the date the payment will be received. Only Certified funds will be accepted for Lien Redemption.

4000 New Jersey Avenue, Wildwood NJ 08260

Thanks! Message sent.

bottom of page