top of page
  • Writer's pictureLisa Fagan


Restaurants/bars must comply with any and all other federal, state, county, and local laws and regulations, including any and all general ordinances governing the operation of bars/restaurants.

· The “Right-of-Way” may be used for the consumption of alcohol that has been purchased via take-out service

· The “Right-of-Way” must be clearly marked by the restaurant/bar, and must leave appropriate room for pedestrian foot traffic.

· No tables or chairs may be placed in the Right-of-Way for use until June 15, 2020, and upon approval by the Wildwood Zoning Official.

· Restaurants/bars must place trash receptacles in the Right-of-Way and must manage the accumulation of trash/recycling.

· DO NOT carry or transport alcoholic beverages to any other area for consumption, except goods purchased for home consumption on the purchaser’s private property.


· Restaurants/bars allowing consumption of alcoholic beverages in the Right-of-Way shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of Wildwood, its employees, agents, and/or officers from all claims, losses, liens, expenses, suits and attorney’s fees arising out of use of the Right-of-Way of alcohol consumption, and must complete indemnification forms located in the City Clerk’s office.

· The restaurant/bar must name the City of Wildwood as an additional insured under the owner’s general liability insurance, bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury insurance policies, required to have a minimum limit of one million ($1,000,000.00) Dollars, and provide proof of same to the City Clerk’s office, and proof that said policies have been amended to reflect coverage for the Right-of-Way.

· Suspension of Section 4.25 of the Wildwood City Code and allowing for consumption of alcoholic beverages in Right-of-Way shall automatically terminate on Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. Restaurants/bars are strongly encouraged to apply for a Temporary Covid 19 Permit to expand their licensed premises under Special Ruling 2020-10 issued by the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

The City of Wildwood reserves the right to amend, terminate, or repeal this Proclamation at any time, and accordingly no property rights are granted to any person(s) or entities by virtue of this proclamation.

The fully signed resolution is on file with the City Clerk’s Office.


Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page