Weekly Update 5.29.20
For detailed guidelines see Executive Order 148 https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-148.pdf
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS AT ALL TIMES
· MAINTAIN A 6FT DISTANCE
· WEAR A FACE MASK
· WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN
No municipality, county, or any other agency or political subdivision of this State shall enact or enforce any order, rule, regulation, ordinance, or resolution which will or might in any way conflict with any of the provisions of this Order, or which will or might in any way interfere with or impede its achievement.
· Are permitted at State Parks and Forests, county and municipal parks, public and private beaches, boardwalks, lakes, and lakeshores - see exceptions in the order
· All gatherings are limited to 25 people and must take place outdoors and remain outdoors with the sole exception of restroom use
· No organized or contact sports
· Do not share seating or physical items
· Offer contactless options for pre-payment or donation
· Follow sanitation guidelines
· Some gatherings, such as indoor gatherings, may be limited to 10 people - see exceptions in the order
Exceptions: immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners
Outdoor recreational Business or Activity
· Must adopt policies that limit capacity to 25 and provide spacing for individuals remain six feet apart at all times
· Schools may allow individuals, including students, on to their premises, but only to engage in the passive recreational activities authorized
Private Recreational Campgrounds
· Open with personal and physical site social distancing and sanitation guidelines
· Provide contactless payment/refund options via digital means or physical barrier
However, the following shall remain closed to the public at recreational campgrounds:
o Picnic areas
o Other buildings, amenities, or facilities, except for restrooms and shower facilities
· Municipally owned recreational campgrounds are permitted to reopen
· Elective Surgeries
· Seasonal Farm Work
· Childcare centers can reopen 6/15
· Non-contact organized sports activities can restart 6/22
· Youth day camps, including municipal summer rec programs, can begin 7/6
· Soon The Department of Environmental Protection will share a phased reopening of all recreational campgrounds located in any State Park and Forest.
· Special events at public and private beaches, boardwalks, lakes, and lakeshores such as festivals, concerts, fireworks, and movies.
Increased testing continues. Additional testing sites are at various CVS and Walmart stores.
There are two COVID-19 call centers:
o 1-800-962-1253: For health-related and clinical issues, such as who should get tested, when to seek medical attention and proper steps to take if exposed
o 211: For information about how to stay safe, financial assistance, unemployment, donations, food, and other non-medical needs
Stay up to date about COVID-19. If you have COVID-19 questions call 211, 1-800-826-1253, or visit the website at covid19.nj.gov
o Testing sites, case counts by county, and other resource
o Data Dashboard which includes county and state specific data about cases, deaths, hospitalizations, and demographics. It is updated daily.
WARNING Reports are increasing about scams, both phone and text, associated with contact tracing. Contact tracers will not ask for social security numbers, bank or credit card information.